What's different about these courses from all the rest?
That's simple, they're APPLIED, INFORMED BY DECADES OF EXPERIENCE and RESULTS FOCUSED!
With our Supporting champions courses you will learn
What it takes to be successful as a scientist working in sports performance and how to develop the professional skills that top teams need.
In-depth insights into the skills, experience and methods that will allow you to develop and perform, including how the best have got ahead.
How to develop a laser focused approach to getting work and thriving in work so that you're able to make impact for athletes, coaches and teams.
The courses break down all the essential principles, steps and actions that you need to learn about for a career in sports and performance. You will understand everything that is required to differentiate yourself for your career.
My system is informed by working on the front-line with elite performers, institutes and teams. Now you can benefit from my 25 years experience as a leader and developer of people to get ahead in your career.
I/we'll be there to support and champion your progress, but you'll also be surrounded by 100s of people just like you, learning together, supporting each other developing a powerful network of colleagues that you can collaborate with throughout your career. When you sign up for a course you gain entry to the Supporting Champions Community
Student and Professional level education and skills for applied performance science support practitioners.
Have you ever wondered?
- Am I focussing on the right areas to help the athletes I’m working with?
- Am I up-to-date, prioritising and creative enough with the most important knowledge?
- Am I doing the right work in the right way to make a difference with the athletes I’m engaged with?
The Supporting Champions Online Courses are designed for you to succeed as a support practitioner working in sports performance. All courses are accessible online in easily digestible tutorials, underpinned by by a supportive community hub for you to connect with like-minded people - so that you can learn together.
Skill up to
make an impact
Perfect if you're just starting out, want to make sure you're being proactive in developing yourself and need somewhere to start exploring performance careers (click to find out more).
These course are designed specifically for those people wanting to drive at developing the skills necessary to succeed. They're not for those looking to get a quick fix - these courses are a proven method to learn what it takes, skill up, get experience and land the job you want (click to find out more).
These courses are ideal if you're just starting out in work or an experienced professional who needs to realign your focus and refresh your skills - these courses are designed for you to be sure you’re equipped to create impact for the clients you’re working with.
Bridging the gap is hard, now you don't have to go it alone
You know there is a lack of vocational skill training, employers know it and it feels rubbish when you confront it as you're starting out and as you progress through your career and it just holds people back. So little support. Confusion. Doubt. No direct access to experts. Confusion about which path. Fear of falling short.
Sports performance professionals face these struggles every day and can lead to unfocused action, paralysis of momentum, poor decision making, and feeling overwhelmed. Faced with these struggles, it's no surprise why so many fall short of achieving their personal career goals.
So little emphasis in education and in-work training is put on how to become effective and how to create impact. Whether you're studying and want to up your employability, you're about to step out into the working world or already out there as professional performer - you're often left to your own devices to get ahead.
the right place?
Yes! You are most certainly in the right place to accelerate your career, though don't think there is a short cut.
It's not easy. Success is never guaranteed. However, the probability of success, building the skills to thrive, can be dramatically improved by joining forces with others who share your ambition, appetite and approach.
And the solution...
We have 25 years of supporting and championing performance people. We've seen 10,000's of CVs; interviewed 1000's of applicants; managed, developed and coached 1,000s of people to secure the job they dream of and to thrive in the role. We've never had a private community to focus on supporting people, until now!
Courses underpinned by community
The community is there to support and challenge committed, growth-minded, progressive aspiring and professional performance practitioners, who are motivated to enhance their professional effectiveness by self-discovery, willing to do the work, eager to create their own future.
All performance professionals get there in a different way but share common experiences;
- Education integrated with experience
- Immersive training
- Professional networking
- Interactive collaborations
- Access to proven advice and guidance
Taking true value from these experiences is only really possible when the place providing them has one critical quality: SAFETY!
We have a programme of support, learning and dedicated events for you whether you are just starting out as a student, learning your craft as a fresh graduate or professional practitioner.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
GRADUATES, PRACTITIONERS, LEADERS
"I now understand what are the priority areas of personal and interpersonal skills"
Dr Kate Spilsbury
"These courses provides a unique insight into what it takes to work in high performance sport and the key skills required"
Dr Stafford Murray
Head of Innovation
Sport New Zealand
"An unsurpassable level of detail, experience and learnings are available here for all aspiring sports scientists to access and thrive from."
Course Details and Questions
How do the courses work?
After you sign up you’ll be sent a link to provide us with some additional details about you, your current status, what you’re aiming towards and currently working on.
- You'll be enrolled into the course and can get started straight away.
- Some of the course routes will need you to have access to word and excel
- You can watch the course again for as long as we're going (i.e. I would say life time access - but I think that's silly. If the course material is ever going to come down we'll give you at least 6 months notice)
- There will be a quiz to check your learning for each lesson. Completing all of these will allow you to access the certificate
Are the course right for You?
It's for you if you;
- are motivated to learn and grow
- are focused on a career supporting others
- realise that your future is in your hands and you need to own it
- accept the responsibility to work hard and diligently because you know that success is proportional to how well prepared you are
- value multi- and inter-disciplinary thinking as the core of team working
- appreciate that the 'how', the craft skill is what will determine your professional excellence
It's not for you if you;
- are motivated by telling people what to do
- believe knowledge will trump experience every time
- are invulnerable
- don't like receiving feedback
- expect success to come easily because you've been through a phase of study
- just want to focus on what you can do and don't need others for you to succeed
- want a speedy-boarding pass to sit on the bench at Man Utd (or equivalent)
30 day money back guarantee
- What’s the difference between these courses and what I might learn at university and on the job? Very simply - the courses are truly applied and designed to create impact for you because it is informed by experience and tailored to enhance your effectiveness.
- The focus of the courses is at the beginner to intermediate level of practitioner performance*. So if you are about to start a role, want to skill up for a role or have experience and need a renewed focus to orient your work onto what is really important, to do so with confidence that you’re going to be able to make impact and improve performance - this course is for you.
- This isn’t just a flash in the pan course. All too often you go on a course and you don’t soak it all up at the time. The course is different as you’ll have access to the course material for as long as we're operational. So if you prefer to go back and reflect a little more you’ll be able to do just that.
- If you value connection as well as content, then we’ve got that covered. When you sign up for the course you’ll be enrolled into our community help support you, give you a chance to ask your questions and develop.
- Can I do all the courses? Yes you can take as many courses as you like. When you unlock a course you'll automatically have access to the course comments and discussion space for each course. If you want to buy several at once drop us a note at email@example.com to find out more.
- Can I connect directly with other members? Yes, direct messaging is available.
- Will the content be discipline specific? Yes and no. The main focus is about how you work, your skills and importantly thinking in an interdisciplinary way (we believe you'll probably have more than enough knowledge, but it's how you use that knowledge that will determine your effectiveness). However, there are discipline specific interviews, guides and examples and there is a chance for you to create discipline specific forum discussions with people of a similar interest.
- Can I achieve CPD points and certificates through the courses. Yes. All courses are certificated. Several courses such as the following are mapped to professional accreditation pathways with BASES
- Is there a chance to engage with the tutors throughout? For each course that runs as an ACCELERATOR programme there will be weekly live sessions, mentor sessions and integrated Q&As too to engage with you.