PROFESSIONAL PRACTITIONER SKILLS
What's different about these courses from all the rest?
Courses (plus community)
Ideal for students and graduates
These course are designed specifically for those students and graduates wanting to drive at developing the skills necessary to succeed. They’re not for those looking to get a quick fix – these courses are a proven method to learn what it takes, skill up, get experience and land the job you want.
FREE course to help you understand what lies ahead for you in pursuit of your performance career.
Explore the best route forward for your career, with expert insights from leading performance practitioners and develop your performance mindset.
Upgrade your future by taking the proven method to get high quality work experience in performance.
Ideal for those starting work in applied science and aiming to improve their collaboration, critical thinking, establishing priority innovation, communication, strategic skills, working energy.
Deep dive on developing a portfolio, networking, industry view on applying for jobs, acted scenes for interviewing excellence.
The complete set of courses to transform you from newbie undergraduate to a ‘hot property’, highly employable sports science graduate.
University Access is Now Available
Enhance student employability for sports and exercise science careers with our packages of course access.
These courses are ideal if you’re just starting out in work or an experienced professional who needs to realign your focus and refresh your skills – these courses are designed for you to be sure you’re equipped to create impact for the clients you’re working with.
Ideal for S&C coaches 2-10 years into their careers to skill up and refresh their practice to support athletes with all aspects of physical conditioning.
Course Tutor: Nick Grantham
Ideal for physiologists to upgrade their skills and applied knowledge to increase their impact with coaches and athletes.
Course Tutor: Dr Steve Ingham
For trainee and experienced psychologists who are ambitious to develop best practice with athletes and coaches.
Course Tutors: Chris Marshall & Rebecca Levett
Supporting Performance Analysts 2-10 years into their careers aiming to develop advanced skills in support of athletes, coaches and teams.
Course Tutor: Dr Sian Allen
For trainee and experienced nutritionist who are ambitious to develop evidence based practice in support of athlete performance.
Course Tutor: Dr Sophie Killer
For those thinking about developing a side-hustle or fully taking your future career into your own hands. Learn how to set up your own business, differentiate yourself and charge for your services.
Course Tutor: Dr Steve Ingham
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. See FAQs below for terms.
What are people saying?
Graduates, Practitioners, Leaders
What You will learn
Student and Professional level education and skills for applied performance science support practitioners.
Have you ever wondered?
The Supporting Champions Online Courses are designed for you to succeed as a support practitioner working in sports performance. All courses are accessible online in easily digestible tutorials, underpinned by by a supportive community hub for you to connect with like-minded people – so that you can learn together.
Community Access for all Course Students
Creating Impact Is Hard, Now You Don't Have To Go It Alone
Doubt. No direct access to experts. Confusion about where to go or what path. Fear of falling short. Well we don’t want that to be you.
Sports science practitioners battle with these struggles every day. Whether you are an aspiring sports scientist or a professional out there plying your trade you know that having the knowledge is only one part of the equation and that ‘how’ you work is what will truly get you ahead. You know the vocational skills gap is there, you know that performance environments are complex, pressured, demanding, results focused, and highly dependent on your ability to work with others.
Many graduates fall off the cliff edge because they’re not ready for work. Sports performance professionals face these dynamic and every changing demands every day which can lead to unfocused action, paralysis of momentum, poor decision making, and feeling overwhelmed. Faced with these struggles, it’s no surprise why so many fall short of achieving their personal career goals.
So little emphasis in education and work is put on how to become effective at working. Whether you’re studying and want to up your employability, you’re about to step out into the working world or already out there as professional performer – you’re often left to your own devices to get ahead.
The Right Place?
Yes! You are most certainly in the right place to accelerate your career, though don’t think there is a short cut.
It’s not easy. Success is never guaranteed. However, the probability of success, building the skills to thrive, can be dramatically improved by joining forces with others who share your ambition, appetite and approach.
The S.C. Community
Introducing the Supporting Champions community. We’re proud to serve practitioners from around the world in the start-up phase of their careers through to seasoned professionals.
We have 25 years of supporting and championing performance people. We’ve seen 10,000’s of CVs; interviewed 1000’s of applicants; managed, developed and coached 1,000s of people to secure the job they dream of and to thrive in the role. We’ve never had a private community to focus on supporting people, until now!
The community is for committed, growth-minded, progressive aspiring and professional performance practitioners, motivated to enhance their professional effectiveness by self-discovery, willing to do the work, eager to create their own future.
All performance professionals get there in a different way but share common experiences;
- Education integrated with experience
- Immersive training
- Professional networking
- Interactive collaborations
- Access to proven advice and guidance
Taking true value from these experiences is only really possible when the place providing them has one critical quality: SAFETY!
We have a programme of support, learning and dedicated community levels for you whether you are just starting out as a student, learning your craft as a fresh graduate or professional practitioner.
Live events to inspire, instruct, network, share and learn together!
Webinars and workshops – all available to replay
- Letter to the 15,000
- The top 5 mistakes when applying for jobs
- How to secure work experience in sports performance
- Unpaid internships
- CV Masterclass
- How to get remote work experience
- How to apply for jobs, write CVs and Cover letters
- Understanding how interviews work so you can succeed
- How to ace an online interview
- Learn how to perform in an interview
Performing in work
- Vocational skills: Top 4 and how to show them
- Should you do a Masters, PhD or an Accreditation
- Accreditation portfolio masterclass
- What employers are looking for
- Teamwork fundamentals
- Developing teamwork skills
- Testing teamwork skills
- How to have good coaching conversations
- Sharpening your needs analysis
- In conversation with coach Jonas Dodoo
- Altitude training discussion
- Creating an interactive database
- Josh Fletcher on reflective practice
- The pros and cons of running your own consultancy
- Developing your own consultancy
- How to negotiate a salary
- Get better clients
Live events to inspire, instruct, network, share and learn together! Webinars and workshops – all available to replay
Tony Strudwick on creating winning moments
- James Morton on delivering nutrition in elite cycling
- Martin Buchheit on managing ego in team sport
- Emma Ross: Rising to the level of our goals – Making sport a safer place for girl and women
- Chris Marshall: Creating solutions for real-world problems
Rich Clarke: Carving your own path and long-term career development
- Sian Allen: Powering performance with data
- Steve Ingham: Landing that performance job
- Sophie Killer: Evidence-based practice & practice-based evidence
- Kellie Pritchard-Pescheck: Applying performance science to corporate clients
- Steve Ingham: Increasing your impact and influence (refining the way we communicate)
- Nick Grantham: How to establish strong and successful coaching relationships
- Jamie Pringle – Industry insights for performance practitioner success
- Dan Howells: The value of mentoring for long-term career success
- Emma Gardner: on what it takes to be a great practitioner
Community from around the world, learning & engaging together
Discipline Specific Discussions & Private Messaging Groups
Connect with fellow community members and group meet ups
- Direct messaging with fellow members around the world
- Group messaging with discipline or sports specific groups
- You create the groups you want and need
Discuss and Comment on the Courses
Interactive sports science courses
- Reflect on the course lessons inside the course platform and they turn up in the community too
- Engage and reflect together with fellow students
- See how others are engaging with the online course material
- Ask your questions to make sure the course material lands in your context
Direct Access and Support From the Supporting Champions Team
A way to connect with us
- What’s your burning question – ask it!
- Direct message us
- Join a Q&A
- Post your question in the community for us to answer and see how others are solving the issue you’re working on!
Earn a Passive Income by Referring Others to Our Courses
Our affiliate programme
- Earn by referring others to our courses
- Join our affiliate programme
- Take a slice of the course fees by signposting and encouraging others to sign up
- Terms and conditions apply
Feedback from Community members
About The Community Champion
Dr Steve Ingham, Performance Scientist and Director of Supporting Champions, Former Director of Science and Head of Physiology at English Institute of Sport.
"I've created the community to support and champion you. I've created it with the hope that we're able to help you become the best applied sports scientist, whether you're in training, a professional or a consultant - to be better than we ever were, to learn from our mistakes and insights and thrive.
This community has been created to support you to step up your practice, get skilled, connect with like-minded people and take action. You need systems and support and through a range of articles, guides, accountability sessions, workshops - you're going to get what you need..."
Yes you can take as many courses as you like. When you unlock a course you’ll automatically have access to the course comments and discussion space for each course. If you want to buy several at once drop us a note at email@example.com to find out more.
Yes. Community access is for all intermediate and advanced courses (this does not include Performance Careers course). Inside the community you can connect with other members. Direct messaging is available.
Yes and no. The Applied Pro Courses are discipline specific. A big focus though is about how you work, your skills and importantly thinking in an interdisciplinary way (we believe you’ll probably have more than enough knowledge, but it’s how you use that knowledge that will determine your effectiveness). However, there are discipline specific interviews, guides and examples and there is a chance for you to create discipline specific forum discussions with people of a similar interest.
Yes we offer a 14 day money back guarantee. Our only term is that you have completed the course. If you’ve completed the course and you are not happy with your purchase, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the refund.
When you purchase a course you gain lifetime access to that course. So you can take the course whenever you wish.
When we say lifetime we mean as long as we’re in operation – we’ve taken steps with our software systems that means the courses will be available for decades to come at least. So relax and take the course at your leisure or burn through it – your choice!
Yes. Courses are certificated. Several courses such as the following are mapped to professional accreditation pathways with BASES