We’re trying to create a shift in the performance sport industry. We believe in trying to create a better future, more effective, greater impact, longer and more fulfilling careers for those in support of athletes and coaches. So we’re developing the tools to help people develop the skills, experience, know-how and mindset to thrive in performance environments. We’re there for those who are willing to do the work, develop themselves so they’re equipped to develop others.
We’re doing this because we see a lack of applied, industry specific and impactful training opportunities for those just starting out, breaking through and seasoned practitioners. We deliver this through immersive online education, content and community. We want to find new and exciting ways to share our content with those that would benefit and have a need, and would like to offer a work experience opportunity for someone who is passionate about sport and communicating content.
• To help curate online content for outputs on Youtube, social media (Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin)
• To review, clip, edit and format video and audio media
• To undertake thematic analysis of the developmental themes that arise from online content (If appropriate to your background)
• To contribute to the Supporting Champions online community forum
This is a VOLUNTEER work experience opportunity If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering working with us.
We want to be clear that this is a volunteer placement opportunity. ‘Unpaid internships’ are routinely slammed on social media, and we agree that asking someone to do a role that should be paid, especially some of the big operations is a bit rich (if you excuse the pun).
We’re not that big operation, but we have ambitions to be able to grow. We’re trying to create an opportunity for someone to develop skills under our wing of mentoring but to actively contribute to our goals.
And so what we’re offering is a trade;
• You’ll commit to a minimum period of 26 weeks of work for 5 – 8 hours per week in a flexible remote working arrangement – where you’ll make a contribution to our business aims and have something meaningful and impressive on your CV at the end of it
• In return we’ll offer you unprecedented support, coaching, career advice, access to our online educational courses and community for the duration of your work with us (estimated value £2500 of course content) for you to learn and grow.
Our promise is that you will be enriched by this placement and will develop at a rate that will outstrip your ‘off-the-shelf’ work experience.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that will be a pleasure to work with, a proactive and independent worker.
We value open honest and clear communication, delivering to agreed timescales and troubleshooting. Trust is important to us and we will ask all candidates about who you are and what’s important to us. The skill of teamworking is of paramount importance. We don’t expect people to get it right first time or all the time, but we value people who are willing to learn, open to reflecting and have ambition to succeed.
We’re not looking for the finished article, we’ll train you up, if you need development. But if you have any of the following skills then please highlight them.
• Video editing (e.g. iMovie, Filmora, Final Cut Pro)
• Audio editing (e.g. Garageband, Audacity)
• Graphic design (e.g. Powerpoint, Canva)
• Thematic analysis
• Social media post development and posting
You will need a background (studying or have studied) in a sports related degree; either sports science (in which case you will need to make it clear how you will be able to ‘stretch’ to these new skills); or sports marketing (in which case you will need to show us that you are able to grasp the principles of applied sports performance science).
We will consider applications from around the world as the opportunity will be almost entirely remote. And we want you to know that Supporting Champions is an equal opportunity business. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of work and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Further relevant information about us and what we deliver can be found in; Supporting Champions course catalogue The Supporting Champions Podcast Supporting Champions Youtube channel (NEW)
How to apply
If this sounds of interest, then send the following to us by 5th Nov at 12 noon UK time to email@example.com
Please include your name in the email subject heading and state the role you’re applying for;
• Your CV outlining your experiences
• A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4
• A 2 minute video telling us about yourself that persuades us that you’re the one for this experience opportunity
Please include your name in the email subject heading and state the role you’re applying for; Interviews will take place on 11th November 2022 via Zoom. The start date is flexible, but would be expected to be late November or early December.